Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Popcorn

Have you ever wandered down the aisles of the supermarket, happened upon a yummy snack you haven't had in years, and then gone home and become obsessed with eating said snack night and day? Internet, meet Popcorn. Popcorn, meet Internet.

Popped Corn

Mikey is equally smitten. He is especially taken with the popping process, although he is disappointed with how increasingly renegade I have become with the kernel:pot ratio as the days have gone on.

Popped Corn

What can I say? I am nothing if not a risk taker.

Nico finds popcorn quite revolting, which only encourages me to feed him more because his little gagging face is too cute for words.

As you saw in the pictures, my secret ingredient is Nutritional Yeast. You'll have to trust me on this one. I read it once on a vegetarian website and was immediately intrigued. Nutritional Yeast has a nutty/cheesy taste you can't really describe. The popcorn ends up tasting faintly of cheddar corn. Just a gentle sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast and some salt is all you need after popping the corn in light oil.

Popped Corn

Be prepared for company to show up once the kernels start popping. Everyone likes this popcorn--especially dinosaurs and beagles.

Popped Corn

Given the massive quantities of popcorn I've ingested over the last two days, I suspect my obsessive days are slowly coming to an end. I only hope the next snack that strikes my fancy fits as nicely in the vintage pyrex that once belonged to the Mister's grandma.

Popped Corn