Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Hallow...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, my. Is it really only 8:00 pm? I thought for sure it was midnight. I tried so hard to get a decent picture of the boys in their costumes. Unfortunately, I think the fabric was laced with cocaine because the second they put them on they were screaming, yelling, and clawing at the door to get out. Allow me to present to you Exhibit A of the barely controlled chaos.

Halloween '08

Halloween '08

Halloween '08

When that door proved impossible to breach, they scampered like hungry puppy dogs towards the front door.

Halloween '08

Thank goodness I took those mediocre pictures of Mikey in his Superman costume a couple of weeks ago, because he was faster than a speeding bullet and would not sit still long enough for me to take a face shot. When we stumbled upon a neighbor boy his age, forget it. I spent the rest of the night screaming at the top of my lungs for him to SLOW DOWN! WAIT FOR US! YOU'RE GOING TO TRIP ON YOUR CAPE!

Halloween '08

My saliva must be made of Kryptonite, because it fell on deaf ears.

Nico was no better. All I wanted was 1) a face shot and 2) a full body shot. Instead, I have a million pictures of him turning away from me. I'm going to have dreams of bouncing blue and yellow wings.

Halloween '08

Halloween '08

Halloween '08

Gotcha!

Halloween '08

I took one from the paparazzi hand book and hid in the bushes.

So that was our Halloween. Blessedly uneventful, and yet still bone crumbling. I, for one, am ready to loaf on the sofa with the Mister and eat the kid's candy. Oh! And before I forget: If you enjoy reading about holiday legends, you must head on over to Dawn's blog (Wicked Good Dinner) and read the story of Jack O' Lantern. I absolutely love folklore and the history behind common holidays and practices, and this story doesn't disappoint.

Happy Halloween! :)