Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thanks, Craig!

I know I rarely post on the weekends, but I'm too excited to wait until Monday. We finally found a dining table, and we found it on Craigslist!

New to Us Table & Chairs

This is the table I was alluding to in this post. I wasn't 100% in love with it, even after seeing it in person. I ran it past by trusty design pal, Nicole, and she wasn't sold on it, either. I believe her words were, "the chairs are ugly enough to almost be cute." Hah! I happen to disagree with Nicole. The chairs were what I liked--they remind me of something you'd see in church--and that little sway at the base is the perfect cradle for a fat ass, namely, mine.

Table & Chairs

Well, I kept coming back to it and after a few days decided to buy it. For what it was selling for, I could afford the risk. The table and chairs are now in the house and we love it! Sure, we need to clean it up and reupholster the seats (that's the original avocado green upholstery!) but I think eventually it will all look pretty fabulous. Did I mention it comes with three leaves (one never used) and extends to seat twelve? Perfect for dinners with family!

Host/Hostess Chairs

She drove a hard bargain, but I eventually convinced her to toss in the world's most adorable baby boy free of charge. I don't know much about him, but I hear his mom is down to earth and humble.

Head of the Table

I'm not sure what fabric I'm going to use when we reupholster the chairs. We're in the process of selling our living room furniture, so I think the best thing to do is hold off until we know what the adjoining living room will look like. With Mikey's allergies (and the Mister's) it's been recommended that we buy furniture you can vacuum under, like this one. It helps control the dust and dog hair, and in the end will temper the breathing problems Mikey is having. The goal is to save Mikey from developing chronic asthma. Right now, it's only cold induced.

OK, so that's it! Random post, but that's to be expected from me. Oh, and now for a random question. If any of you know where I can find more sofas like the one I linked to, please comment or email the links. So far I've checked out Crate and Barrel, Room and Board, Pottery Barn, CB2, West Elm, IKEA, etc. The usual suspects. The Mister really wants a tight back and seat (no cushions!) because he hates how the seat cushions and backs wrinkle and deflate over time. Yes, he's as crazy as me. I thought Nicole and some of you other design savvy readers might have a better idea than me. Yes? No? Maybe?

Either way, have a great weekend! :)