Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 5: I've lost my mind.

I made a huge smoothie for breakfast this morning. Mikey took one sip and said, "Mmmmmm, mama! This one is good. I'm sorry I didn't like the parsley." I have to say, he was right. It was a good smoothie. I made so much (added a wee bit too much pineapple) that I had some left over in the fridge. It sat all day in there, so when I took it out tonight after dinner it was ice cold...and...delicious. I've lost my mind. Blended spinach actually tasted delicious. The Mister grabbed a pear from my basket to add to his dinner salad and I about stabbed his hand with my fork.

"Don't eat too many pears. They're for my smoothies!" Really, I snarled.

Pack your bags, kids. The end of the world is fast approaching: I would have preferred more of my smoothie to ice cream.

Pineapple Green Smoothie

  • 3/4 small bag of pineapple
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1-2 TB Agave or honey

Blend and enjoy. Really. I'm not kidding.