Tuesday, April 15, 2008

5 Things Meme

I've been tagged by Adventures of the Reluctant Housewife for the 5 Things Meme. This should be fun, because I get to answer questions instead of picking out five random things on my own. Focus! Focus is good for me. It keeps the crazy down.

What were you doing ten years ago?

Let's see. 1998? I was in graduate school getting my master's in public health wondering why I was in graduate school getting my master's in public health. Just another notch on my belt of degrees I seldom, if ever, use.

Name Five Things from Today's To Do List.

  1. Laundry
  2. Vacuuming.
  3. Going to an all organic supermarket! So excited about this one!
  4. Having dinner with my mom and brother (the Mister is having dinner with clients)
  5. Reading either
    1. The Hummingbird's Daughter by Luis Alberto Ureta
    2. The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs
    3. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
Note that writing should be on that list. It's not. One day I'm going to work up the courage to write about fear.


Name 5 Snacks You Enjoy
  1. Chips! I especially enjoy a crunchy bag of Kettle Chips.
  2. Avocados. When they are fresh and in season, I like to cut them open, take out the pit, drizzle Balsamic Vinegar in the cavity left behind, and eat with a spoon.
  3. Good bread, dipped in good olive oil sprinkled with good salt. It's all good.
  4. Dark chocolate.
  5. Icecream! Love it. Love it, love it, love it.

5 Things You Would do if You Were a Billionaire
  1. Visit my grandmother.
  2. Pay off my lawschool loans. Hell, pay off all my debts if I'm a billionaire!
  3. Invest/Put money aside for the boys' college tuition.
  4. Share the wealth with loved ones.
  5. Remodel the house!

Name 5 Bad Habits
  1. Emotional eating.
  2. Leaving the lights on when I leave the room.
  3. Leaving the slider open when I go out side.
  4. Changing my mind about everything. All. the. time.
  5. Going to the grocery store without a list. Also, going to the grocery store with a list but forgetting to look at the list. Also, going to the grocery store with a list but getting 53 extra items that weren't on said list.
Five Places I Have Traveled. It's supposed to be places I've lived, but I like this one better.
  1. Europe
  2. Argentina
  3. Mexico
  4. Hawaii
  5. St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
Five Jobs I have Had
  1. Medical records clerk
  2. Controller
  3. Research Attorney
  4. Writer
  5. Mom
Five Bloggers I Tag
  1. You
  2. You
  3. You
  4. You, and
  5. You.
Hah! I can't tag people. It requires a decision, which is not my strong suit. I also don't know any bloggers that haven't already been tagged. I love reading these, though, so if you decide to keep the meme moving, do it in the comments or on your blog and let me know!