Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Flower


That's it! Stop the world, I want to get off.

Last fall Mikey missed his first ever picture day because he was sick. I was bummed, but not devastated because they do them again in the spring. I thought, surely he won't be sick for the second picture day, right? WRONG. Today, as I was just getting ready to go out and finally buy some mixing bowls, Mikey walks up to me and asks me to hold him. Um, what? Three year olds only want to be held when they are sick or scared, and since I didn't hear any monsters running about I knew he had to be sick. Sure enough, fever of 99.6--which shot up to almost 103 in less than 2 hours. He's been running a high fever all day, and a call to the pediatrician confirmed what I already knew--he'll be out for at least three days. So much for that second picture day. Mikey only seems to get sick on holidays or special events. At school he's missed the Thanksgiving lunch, the Christmas pageant, and two picture days. Maybe that's why I forgot the Valentines. I subconsciously just assumed he'd be sick.

I know I'm supposed to be a snapdragon, but right about now I sure would like to be a big, fat bush of Echinacea. Maybe then we could go a week or two without someone around here getting sick.