Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite Moment

Um, I don't have one. Well, aside from The Mister not being killed. That one is obvious, and I already touched on it during my previous post. So, I basically already covered my favorite moment on Wednesday on now it's Friday and I've got bupkis. Unless, of course, you're willing to help out a poor mama.

My best friend since kindergarten called me today with great news. She and her husband were finally approved for adoption! I say finally because the process had been unreasonably delayed thanks to her agency contact's habit of keeping her head tuck firmly between her ass cheeks 99% of the time. Lucky for Kara, her contact's 1% effective rate was today.

Being the best friend that she is, Kara knew I was in a pinch and generously offered to loan me her favorite moment. While I did have to turn down her offer for logistic reasons (Hi! I'm not really adopting but let's pretend I am and celebrate, shall we?), it got me thinking that maybe the 5 of you and my mom some of you have had really great moments you would like to share, too. So, here's your chance to share your moment. If you're up to it, I'd love to hear what your favorite moment was this week. If you've read any of my previous favorite moments you already know it doesn't have to be life altering.

As for me, I'll sit here and wait for the great news I know is around the corner. I firmly believe that good always follows bad. It's the whole "Every time God closes a door he opens a window" philosophy. I am beside myself with excitement, because if Wednesday was any indication, we're winning the lottery right after we find the cure for cancer.