Thursday, February 14, 2008

Loving What Ya' Got. Or not.

Sometimes you just have to improvise.

Immediately after Brow-Gate 2008:

Me.  No Make Up.

(Me without makeup. And, apparently, Chapstick.)

A couple of notes:
  1. Never again take a picture without makeup or Chapstick.
  2. Or under-eye concealer. Sheesh! It's called sleep. Try it sometime. (Honesty check: I actually don't sleep as much as I should, but the dark circles are worse than usual due to congestion from that little bubonic plague I had.)
  3. I have a scar above my right eye from hitting the corner of a coffee table when I was young; it is not a result of Brow-Gate. The wax job wasn't that bad.
  4. I am not cocking my eyebrow, or looking at something curious. That skinny little ski-slop of an eyebrow with the corresponding stump of a parenthesis brow? Compliments of Mei-Lin, thank-you-very-much. I am particularly fond of the way the (my) right brow pulls away from the (my) left brow, as if it's afraid of the former swooping down for a bite.
Me, Make Up


(Me with makeup. And, apparently, looking into a mirror with water spots.)

A couple of notes:

  1. Clean the mirrors. You weren't raised in a barn.
  2. Get a better under-eye concealer.

The brow filler I use for my scar wasn't looking so hot when I used it to fill in Ski-Slope Brow. It was one of those "good from afar, but far from good" situations. Up close, I looked like someone filling in her brows. I also wear makeup once, maybe twice, a week. That's actually being generous; I'm more of a bimonthly kinda gal. If you've ever filled in your brows, you know it requires a full face of makeup to pull off. I just can't do that everyday, so I decided to initiate Plan B.

Bangs

Bangs. With IKEA household scissors. In my bathroom.

A couple of notes:
  1. Under-Eye concealer. Seriously.
  2. Lots and lots of under-eye concealer.
  3. More than 5 hours of sleep a night might also be good.