Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Magic Combination




Two things limit our success: drive and confidence. I really believe that if giving proper instruction, there isn't much any of us can't do. But, if you don't believe you can do it, you'll fail. Now, there are some things better left to those with a more congruous skill set. For example, you won't see me moseying into the OR to perform neurosurgery anytime soon. This all points to drive. I could be, potentially, the world's best neurosurgeon. Heck, even just a mediocre neurosurgeon. But I don't have the drive to study the way medical school requires; I don't want it enough.

This is hardly a new website, but if any of you are looking for a little inspiration from women in creative businesses you should read a few of the stories on Another Girl at Play. Here is a group of woman enjoying the synergistic effect of drive and confidence. When you want something bad enough, and believe you can do it, there really are no limits.