Friday, March 14, 2008

Favorite Moment

The best laid plans of mice and man often go awry. (To a Mouse. ---Robert Burns)

Speaking of mice and plans going awry...

Yesterday I had planned to write down my recipe for my Famous-Only-in-my-House Portobello Mushroom Burgers. I figured a preschool friendly vegetarian recipe is always a bonus, right? Maybe next week, because this week I was too busy laughing my ass off. Why? Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped the cheese I planned to use for the burgers and saw this:

So Cheesy

Hi. My name is Mikey. I was sick. I wasn't hungry. I'm better now. I am hungry. Cheese is good. I think I'll go bite into a brick of cheddar.

Go ahead and click on it. You'll go to my flickr page and there you will be able to enlarge the image. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Are you back? Did you notice that smudge in the upper right hand corner? Do you know what that is? IT'S GLITTER. My cheese has glittery bite marks.

I really don't think I can top this. I think I just need to admit that there is no better favorite moment. I'm debating just shutting down the entire blog and calling this my final post. I mean, cheese with glitter and indentation marks? You can't make this stuff up.

Mouse in the House

One last picture of the cheese from a different angle, because this had The Mister and I laughing hysterically. It's a brick of cheddar. This is no meager Kraft Single. How hungry was he? Where was I? And what does so much cheese taste like all at once? There are so many questions that will never be answered.

The crap. The glitter. The dog kibble. The cheese. I love it. As crazy as it sounds, I really do. I can't wait until Nicholas is old enough to charge through the world making chili and fruit salad and eating cheese. For now, I'll just snuggle him and wait with a smile on my face--and a drink in my hand.