Friday, March 7, 2008

Favorite Moment

Tonight we met my brother and sister-in-law at my parents' house for dinner. The Mister and I dropped the boys off first and then headed over to California Pizza Kitchen to pick up food for everyone. The thought occurred to me that I didn't have to wait with the boys in the car while he went inside the restaurant. Cool! I jumped out of the car and started walking alongside him, continuing the conversation we had in the car. We were half way to the restaurant when I looked down and noticed we were holding hands. I didn't know for how long we had been holding hands, nor did he.

JULES: "Hey, check it out! We're holding hands."

THE MISTER: "I know. It's nice."

JULES: "It's amazing all the things you can do with your hands when you're not using both to push a stroller."

That's it. That's my favorite moment. A display of affection without artifice or effort. In my opinion, that's the best kind.