Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Odd request, but please indulge me.

Save a few regulars, you all are very quiet. I've been working on three separate posts, and the entire time I'm wondering if maybe it's all too boring? momish? snarky? to post. Maybe I annoy you, maybe I don't seem approachable, or maybe I'm not all that interesting and you are just really, really bored at work and I help you kill time. *cough-Steve-cough* That's cool. My feelings are totally not hurt. {sob}

But here's the thing. I've been talking with some of my friends, telling them how I would love to do a giveaway on the blog. The only thing that's stopping me is, well, I don't know who you are or what you like!

At first I thought I would offer some writing services for free. Then it occurred to me you all might write as a career or hobby and wouldn't need me to write your grocery bill, let alone anything else.

I thought I would offer a bunch of books I have (read but mint condition) since I have now run out of shelf space in the office. Then it occurred to me you may not like to read, or if you do, have enough books of your own.

I thought about doing a collaboration with my more crafty blogger friends. Then I thought you all might have your own craft businesses and need more product as desperately as you need a hole in your head.

And so on and so on.

Let me cut to the chase (um, 6 paragraphs in): I want to do a nice giveaway but I am terrified to offer to the internet something no one likes or wants, which would result in, like, 3 people commenting. That would be humiliating beyond words. This, sadly, is the price you pay for writing a blog about nothing. And everything. But just not something. All this to say I hate to do it, but I'm going to get all Nietzsche on you and ask: Who Are You?

And, NO, I am not looking for demographic information to show advertisers. If I was, I would just say so. I am just painfully insecure and terrified of rejection. (Because I'm sure you haven't guessed by reading anything I have ever written)

Oh! Speaking of advertisers, if you would like to advertise (for free) send me an email via the link to the right. I have a few spots available and am always looking to for pretty blinking things. Maybe that could be a giveaway? I guess it depends on how many people email me.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go finish a few blog posts you may or may not like.
;)