Friday, September 19, 2008

Favorite Moment

Who says favorite moments have to be about kids and family and everything nice? Not this narcissist. Today it's all about me!

So, did you see? Those lovely Virginians, John & Sherry, from This Young House created for me a little moodboard for my Mamie pink bathroom. Not too shabby, eh?


The Mister is quite taken with it, really. Of course I love it, as it features prominently that silly rubber-maned giraffe I love so much. Some people mentioned they don't understand my enchantment with him, and to that I say some things are like acid-washed z Cavaricci jeans from the 80s: they can't be explained and you just have to work through the fad and burn all photographic evidence.

We both love how it is "little boy" because it celebrates two little guys who won't always take baths together and won't always marvel at shooting soap out of a lion's spinal column. While we have them young and squishy, we wanted a bathroom equally sweet. I think when we are done it will be fun, happy, and, dare I say, whimsical?

To read more about it go HERE. To get your own moodboard go HERE. I know doing these design boards take a lot of time and effort, especially when there is a challenge like mine. Sherry even called a few bathroom enclosure manufacturers for me regarding some issues with fixtures and extensions and all sorts of other boring things. All that hard work is much appreciated. Thanks, guys!