Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thank You

Thanks for all the well wishes. My migraine is gone. I thought it was coming back today midafternoon, but so far so good.

Also, I wanted to thank you for the fantastic book recommendations! I'm still working my way through them, but I just have to say you all have some fantastic taste in books. Right before we left for Lake Tahoe I took all your suggestions to the bookstore and planned to take them all off the shelf, read the backs, and then decide which I would bring on the trip. Then God started laughing. And Nico started crying. And Mikey had to have one of each wind-up toy. And a ball.

I ended up grabbing the first four I could find. Not the thoughtful selection process I envisioned, but the books were all excellent so it worked out.

Since late June-July I have read and loved the following:

1. The Pillars of the Earth.


2. When You Are Engulfed in Flames.


3. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.


4. Naked.


5. The Monsters of Templeton.


Next up is Middlesex after I finish a couple of outstanding projects. Then I'm going to make my way to PaperBackSwap.com and be completely unsurprised when not a single book I want is available. Then I will go to the bookstore and buy some more recommended reading.

How has your reading gone? And do you recommend I add any other books to the pile? It's big, but oh so pretty.