Friday, March 7, 2008

Wild Animal Kingdom

I opened the slider, stepped onto my covered patio, and for the first time in my life remembered to close the door before heading off to our office in the backyard. No sooner did I sit down to my computer did I hear a huge crash in the covered patio. I looked up, waiting to see Mikey. Instead, I see this:


I'll tell you what--that bird, when 10 feet from your face and tearing at wall screen, is the size of a beagle. And those talons? Yeah, they scared the crap out of me. Once I realized the slider was closed and the boys safe, I pretty much sat there with my head up my ass waiting for someone to tell me what to do. Lucky for me, Mr. Hawk didn't around wait for my enlightenment. He left as quickly as he came, knocking over boxes in the process, no doubt off to disembowel some mouse or rat.

Come to think of it...why did he fly into my covered patio? Was he swooping in for said rat or mouse? Oh, crap. I think I'm going to pass out.